Bronson Burgoon (-9/63)
- After starting on the back nine, played his first four holes in 1-over-par before playing the last 14 holes in 10-under-par for a 63.
- Hit 8/14 fairways and 17/18 greens in regulation – tied for the best in the field.
- Tied his career low in relation to par with the 9-under 63. Previously shot a 9-under 62 at the John Deere Classic.
- Opened the 2018-19 PGA TOUR Season with a T53 at the Safeway Open last week.
- Finished the 2017-18 PGA TOUR Season 78th in the FedExCup standings. Collected two top-10s, including a season-best T2 at the 2018 John Deere Classic.
- Making his first career appearance at the CIMB Classic.
Burgoon Quotes: “I drove it well and I putted pretty good, so it was kind of, I mean, it was boring golf, but that's always a good thing. I chipped in for eagle out of the bunker on my ninth hole, which kind of boosted me, then I kept going. It definitely wasn't flawless golf, but I've been playing pretty good. I took quite a bit of time off after the Playoffs and last week I was pretty rusty, but I felt it kind of coming. You have to putt well to play well. I typically drive it pretty good, so when I putt, I play pretty good. I love it, yeah (about TPC Kuala Lumpur). It reminds me a lot of the courses when I was playing on the Latinoamerica Tour, very hilly, got to drive it good. It was enjoyable. I played yesterday for the first time in the pro‑am and I was glad to get a practice round in.”