WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY. GET TO KNOW OUR COOKIES USAGE.
When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. The cookies collected might be about you, your preferences or your devices and is mostly used to personalise your website browsing experience. This means helping you find information easier and tailoring content or marketing to you. The cookies help achieve this by storing a user’s preference for certain types of information or products, which allow us to analyse the type of usage and websites visited to improve our services, products or website features.
Cookies are small text files that collect information about users and their visit to the web site or use of the app, such as their Internet protocol (IP) address, how they arrived at the web site (for example, through a search engine or a link from another web site) and how they navigate within the web site or mobile application. Other similar technologies (such as “tags”) perform similar functions and are often referred to in the same context. Cookies may be categorised by their purpose (what we use them for) and their duration (or the period interaction with you).
- Essential or Strictly necessary cookies — These cookies are necessary for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website including but not limited to setting your language or regional preferences, logging in or filing in forms. Other website example includes cookies that allow web shops to hold your items in your cart while you are shopping online. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the website will not then work. These cookies will generally be CIMB’s own first-party session cookies, and do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Preferences or Functional cookies — Also known as “functionality cookies,” these cookies allow a website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation such as to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, which country or bank location or micro-site you are interested in.
- Statistical or Performance cookies — Also referred as “analytical” cookies, these cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages your visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. Such information is aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is help us measure and improve the functionality and performance of our website. This may include cookies from third-party (eg. our vendor or partner) analytics services, for which the cookies are for the exclusive use of CIMB.
- Marketing or Advertising cookies — These cookies track your online browsing activity to help advertisers build a profile of your interests including information about browsing patterns and preferences and devices, which will then be used to deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an advertisement. These are persistent cookies where information will mostly be shared with our third-party vendors and partners of CIMB.
- Session cookies - These cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser (or once your session ends).
- Persistent cookies - These cookies that remain in your storage until you erase them or your browser does, depending on the cookie’s expiration date (duration or expiry of cookies may vary by purpose).
3. CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES
- You can manage the Cookies that you allow on your computer through the internet browser that you use and be notified each time before a cookie is stored by your web browser onto your computer or device.
- Most browsers are set to accept Cookies automatically by default. You may change this default setting by activating the setting of your browser to not accept Cookies.
- For apps or mobile devices, you can change your privacy settings within the parameters of your mobile phone and management of the app. Please note the tracking and notifications in a mobile device-app may differ from the web.
For Marketing-Advertising Cookies, you can change your third-party cookie preferences for analytical and online marketing purposes by clearing the Cookies in your browser. Where third party marketing cookies are offered for the first time, you may be notified by a pop-up the first time you visit that website (Note that some browsers may also block such Cookies when you use the privacy features of the browser). Please note that in doing so, you may see other advertisements that may not be relevant to you.
Please note, however, that if you delete or refuse Essential/Strictly Necessary or Performance/Statistical Cookies, you might not be able or store your preferences or use all of the features that we offer or, and some of our pages might not be properly displayed. It may also be possible that not all functions of our websites would be available to you and that individual functions might only be available to you to a limited extent.
4. MORE INFORMATION
This Guidance and Notice about Cookies is updated as at 08 February 2022 and is subject to change from time to time at our sole discretion.