CIMB sweeps 20 awards for excellence in treasury solutions from Asia Risk and The Asset
31 October 2022
CIMB’s depth of industry expertise continues to serve clients’ wide range of customised requirements across the ASEAN region
Kuala Lumpur: CIMB Group Holdings Berhad (“CIMB” or “the Group”) recently swept a total of 20 awards in treasury solutions from three key industry awards, namely the Asia Risk Awards 2022, The Asset Triple A Islamic Finance Awards 2022 and The Asset Triple A Private Capital Awards 2022.
Chu Kok Wei, Co-CEO, Group Wholesale Banking, CIMB Group said, “We are deeply honoured to receive these awards which attest to our depth of industry expertise and commitment to excellence in meeting our clients’ wide range of requirements, through both conventional and Shariah-compliant treasury solutions. Backed by our strong risk management culture, we will continue to innovate through our multi-asset capabilities to drive the market’s growth and development across the region. We would like to thank our clients for their unwavering support and look forward to continue providing tailored solutions to meet their diverse needs through our established Treasury and Markets business, which forms part of CIMB’s leading Wholesale Banking franchise.”
The full list of awards is as follows:
Asia Risk Awards 2022
1. Malaysia House of the Year
2. Indonesia House of the Year
3. Thailand House of the Year
The Asset Triple A Islamic Finance Awards 2022
1. Best Structured Product – Rates (Malaysia): CIMB Islamic Bank
2. Best Bank for Investment Solutions: CIMB Islamic Bank
The Asset Triple A Private Capital Awards 2022
1. Best Bank for Investment Solutions
2. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, Rates
3. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, Credit
4. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, FX
5. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, Commodities
6. Best Structured Investment and Financing Solutions - Rates
1. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, Rates
2. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, FX
3. Best Structured Investment and Financing Solutions - FX
1. Best Bank for Investment Solutions
2. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, Multi-Asset
3. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, Equity
4. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, Rates
5. Best Bank for Investment Solutions, FX
6. Best Structured Investment and Financing Solutions – Multi-Asset
CIMB continues to entrench its status as a regional leader in treasury and markets through structured, bespoke and hedging solutions across ASEAN local currency products. CIMB’s Treasury and Markets business includes extensive coverage and expertise across foreign exchange, interest rates, credit and fixed income, money markets, equity, commodities, and derivatives from the wide menu of solutions available.
Over the past year, CIMB has successfully executed various landmark Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) and Shariah-compliant transactions. In 2021, CIMB Bank entered into a RM2.45 billion sustainability-linked derivative (“SLD”) transaction which was the world’s first Malaysian Ringgit denominated SLD and, as at its transaction date, Asia’s largest ESG-linked derivative transaction by notional value. In 2022, CIMB Islamic entered into a RM1.0 billion Sustainable Collateralised Commodity Murabahah (“CCM”) transaction, where all transaction proceeds will be earmarked to eligible Shariah-compliant assets/projects that fall within the boundaries of CIMB Group’s SDG Bond and Sukuk Framework.
As a pioneer in the ASEAN sustainable finance space, CIMB is also keen to work with clients to execute innovative treasury and derivative transactions with ESG-related pricing components or utilisation of proceeds, such as swaps, forwards and options involving cross currency, interest rate, commodity, foreign exchange as well as repurchase/repo transactions.
Chu Kok Wei, Co-CEO, Group Wholesale Banking, CIMB Group.
This link is provided for your convenience only and shall not be considered or construed as an endorsement or verification of such linked website or its contents by CIMB Group.
CIMB Group makes no warranties as to the status of this link or information contained in the website you are about to access.