CIMB continues to offer repayment assistance to customers
22 October 2020
The Bank has approved close to 100% of the repayment assistance applications from individuals and SME customers as part of its commitment to help affected customers recover from the impact of COVID-19.
Kuala Lumpur: CIMB Bank Berhad and CIMB Islamic Bank Berhad (collectively “CIMB” or “the Bank”) announces that its repayment assistance programme continues to be made available, to allow sufficient time for CIMB customers to apply. This is especially for those who have been affected by the resurgence of the pandemic and enhanced movement control order, but have yet to come forward to discuss with the Bank.
The Bank has processed and approved close to 100% of repayment assistance applications from both individual and SME customers. As at mid-October, these approvals amounted to over RM10 billion for more than 60,000 applications from these two categories of customers. Currently, around 85% of its customer base have resumed repayment of their financing as scheduled, from 1 October 2020, while the remaining 15% comprise of customers who have taken up the repayment assistance as well as others who are still negotiating restructuring terms with CIMB.
The Bank stands ready to assist customers during this period and urges customers who are in need of financial assistance to get in touch with the bank. Over the past month, CIMB has been actively sending out letters and emails to affected borrowers who have not contacted CIMB to inform them of the types of extended financial support available. Customers can be assured that any financial assistance taken will not impact their CCRIS (Central Credit Reference Information System) status.
CIMB remains committed to ensure it meets the needs of customers and has ensured continued banking services through its branches and online banking platforms throughout this period.
For further assistance, customers can call CIMB’s Contact Centre at +603-6204 7788 or email email@example.com. SMEs can call CIMB’s Business Call Centre at 1300 888 828 (Local) and +603 2297 3000 (Overseas) from Monday to Friday from 7.00am to 7.00pm and Saturday from 8.00am to 5.00pm (excluding public holidays). Non-SMEs and corporate customers may also contact their CIMB Relationship Manager to find out more on financing options. For more information, please visit https://www.cimb.com.my/covid19support.
This link is provided for your convenience only and shall not be considered or construed as an endorsement or verification of such linked website or its contents by CIMB Bank.
CIMB Bank makes no warranties as to the status of this link or information contained in the website you are about to access.