- Who can apply for the CIMB Regional Scholarship?
All citizens of ASEAN countries who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree in the field of Sports Science, Botany and Fine & Creative Arts at a top graduate school.
- Do I need to have been accepted by a graduate school to apply?
Yes, at the point the scholarship is awarded. However, if you have already applied to a graduate school and are waiting for the outcome of your application, you may also apply. In this case, in the event you are shortlisted, the scholarship will only be awarded upon you gaining unconditional acceptance by the school.
- Can I apply if I am currently undergoing a postgraduate programme?
Yes, you can apply for the CIMB Regional Scholarship provided that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- How do I apply?
All applications must be done online via the dedicated online application site and submitted before closing date, 31 July 2014.
- How will I know whether I am shortlisted?
We will notify all shortlisted applicants for further assessment and/or interview, the latest by 14 August 2014. However, no notifications will be sent to applicants who have not been shortlisted. Please ensure that all contact details provided in your application are accurate. If you are shortlisted, we will get in touch with you via your email. Therefore, please check your email from time to time.
- Can I appeal if I’m not shortlisted?
No, all decisions of the selection committee are final.
- I missed the application deadline. Can I submit my application manually?
No. Only applications submitted by 31 July 2014 will be accepted. Any applications made after the deadline will not be considered.
- What is the coverage of the CIMB Regional Scholarship?
The CIMB Regional Scholarship is a full scholarship award covering all academic fees including registration, tuition and examination fees, book allowance, as well as other expenses such as accommodation, airfare, travel documents and other related expenses.
- If I do not complete the programme or fail to obtain the postgraduate degree, do I need to repay CIMB Group?
Yes, you will need to repay all expenditure borne by CIMB Group.
- Will I be bonded with CIMB Group upon graduation?
No, you will not be bonded with CIMB Group. However, in line with the objectives of the scholarship, you must contribute back to the region by working in any ASEAN country for a minimum of three years upon graduation.
- I have family members working in CIMB Group; can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for the scholarship as long as you meet all the eligibility criteria.
- If I have enquiries, who can I contact?
You may reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org