CIMB enhances Malaysia-Singapore cross-border banking for customers
Suite of solutions offer convenience, preferential forex rates and fee-waived fund transfers1
Kuala Lumpur: CIMB Bank Berhad and CIMB Islamic Bank Berhad (“CIMB”) have introduced the Cross-Border Solutions, which enables customers with CIMB accounts in Malaysia and Singapore to enjoy seamless and efficient cross-border banking experience.
CIMB’s Cross-Border Solutions cater to any customer living in Malaysia or Singapore. With their CIMB conventional or Islamic accounts in both countries, they are able to conduct cross-border banking seamlessly between Malaysia and Singapore, providing the ultimate convenience for transactions like fee-waived fund transfers, preferential forex rates for online transfers and bill payments.
Samir Gupta, CEO of Group Consumer Banking, CIMB Group said, “As a leading ASEAN universal bank, CIMB is continuously innovating to provide the best value proposition and convenience to our customers across the region. The Malaysia-Singapore Cross-Border Solutions is testament to this commitment and is only the beginning, as we leverage on our strong ASEAN network to provide similar convenience for our franchises in Indonesia, Thailand and Cambodia, with the expectation of making banking within ASEAN as seamless as possible for our valued customers”.
Benefits of the Cross-Border Solutions currently available in Malaysia and Singapore include:
· Single login to CIMB Clicks. Customers can manage and view both Malaysia and Singapore CIMB accounts at the same time via an integrated platform.
· Fee waiver for fund transfers between CIMB accounts using CIMB Clicks and fund withdrawals at over 6,000 CIMB ATMs across ASEAN with a CIMB ATM/debit card.
· Guaranteed2 cash rebate with a valid claim for online exchange rate for fund transfers from CIMB Singapore to CIMB Malaysia account via CIMB Clicks, valid until 31 December 2018.
· Ease of payment for Malaysian billers with over 600 registered providers on CIMB Clicks.
Additionally, there are benefits exclusive to CIMB Preferred customers:
· Ease of account opening. The opening of CIMB Singapore account can be facilitated in Malaysia.
· A dedicated Relationship Manager for the customer’s wealth management needs in both Singapore and Malaysia, with unparalleled priority service at any CIMB branch in ASEAN.
CIMB Preferred customers can also get in touch with their Relationship Manager for further information, log on to www.cimbpreferred.com.my or call the CIMB Preferred Call Centre at 1 300 885 300.
1Subject to terms and conditions.
2 Eligible customers who submit a valid claim shall be entitled to receive a cash rebate if a better Bank “Buy SGD, Sell MYR” exchange rate is offered by another bank in Singapore via their internet banking website or mobile application (“Competitive Rate”) than that offered by CIMB Bank.