1. Who can apply for the CIMB ASEAN Scholarship?
Citizens of any of these five ASEAN countries: Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Cambodia. You have to be aged 24 or below, and have an unconditional offer for undergraduate studies by the time the the scholarship is awarded. Those in their first or second year of university studies may also apply.
2. Do I need to have been accepted by a university to apply?
Not necessarily, but you must have an unconditional offer by the time the scholarship is awarded.
3. How do I apply?
All applications must be done online via the dedicated online application site and submitted before the closing date. Click here to apply.
4. How will I know whether I am shortlisted?
We will notify shortlisted applicants for further assessment and/or interview. No notification will be sent to applicants who are not shortlisted. Please ensure that all contact details provided in your application are accurate. If you are shortlisted, we will get in touch with you via your email. Therefore, please check your email from time to time.
5. Can I appeal if I am not shortlisted?
No, all decisions of the selection committee are final.
6. I missed the application deadline. Can I submit my application manually?
No. Only applications submitted by the stipulated closing date will be accepted. Any applications made after the deadline will not be considered.
7. What is the coverage of the CIMB ASEAN Scholarship?
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a full scholarship award covering all academic fees including registration, tuition and examination fees, book allowance, as well as other expenses such as accommodation, airfare, travel documents and other related expenses.
8. If I do not complete the programme or fail to obtain the undergraduate degree, do I need to repay CIMB Group?
Yes, you will need to repay all expenditure borne by CIMB Group.
9. Will I be bonded with CIMB Group upon graduation?
Yes, you will be bonded with CIMB Group – one year for every year of study locally (candidate’s home country), and two years for every year of study outside the candidate’s home country.
10. I have family members working in CIMB Group; can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for the scholarship as long as you meet all the eligibility criteria.
11. If I have enquiries, who can I contact?
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org